Special prayer for Rosh Chodesh Av
Rosh Chodesh is a very powerful day for prayers to be heard and accepted. This year 5781 (2021) Rosh Chodesh Av is on Shabbat, so we have double power. Take advantage of this opportunity to pray that G-d will transform darkness to light, evil to good and exile to redemption.
Take a few minutes to watch the video of Rabbi Anava explaining about this day and then follow the instruction below what to do.
Therefore on this powerful day there are a few things you want to do:
- Light a 24 hour candle for Aharon Hakohen (Aaron the High Priest) before Shabbat
- Give charity before Shabbat – Click here to submit a donation
- Read chapters 22, 83, 130, 142 of Tehilm Before Shabbat – Find text below
- Read Short prayer at the bottom of the page Before Shabbat – Find text below
- Read ten (10) chapters of Tehilim 91 thru 100 On Shabbat Rosh Chodesh – Find text below – DO NOT READ FROM YOUR PHONE ON SHABBAT! – prepare the text/book before Shabbat!
- Pray from your heart with your words anything you want and need – Ask from Hashem
- Take on yourself a good decision to add a Mitzvah to your daily schedule
IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure 1-4 is done and read Before Shabbat and 5-7 During Shabbat Rosh Chodesh!