Special prayer for Rosh Chodesh Av
Rosh Chodesh is a very powerful day for prayers to be heard and accepted. This year 5782 (2022) Rosh Chodesh Av is on Friday (July 29th), and praying on the eve of Shabbat as close as possible to Shabbat is a very powerful and auspicious time. Take advantage of this opportunity to pray that G-d will transform darkness to light, evil to good and exile to redemption.
Take a few minutes to watch the video of Rabbi Anava explaining about this day and then follow the instruction below what to do.
Therefore on this powerful day there are a few things you want to do:
- Light a 24 hour candle for Aharon Hakohen (Aaron the High Priest)
- Give charity on Rosh Chodesh – Click here to submit a donation
- Read chapters 22, 83, 130, 142 of Tehilm (If possible on the eve of Rosh Chodesh, if not, then during Rosh Codesh) – Find text below
- Read Short prayer at the bottom of the page – Find text below
- Read ten (10) chapters of Tehilim 91 thru 100 On Rosh Chodesh – Find text below
- Pray from your heart with your words anything you want and need – Ask from Hashem
- Take on yourself a good decision to add a Mitzvah or Torah learning to your daily schedule
IMPORTANT NOTE: Rabbi Anava will be going to the grave of Rashbi (Rabbe Shimon Bar Yochai) on Rosh Chodesh. If you would like to submit names for prayers use the links below (Green button)